Built in the early sixteenth century, it is listed as an historic monument since 1936. It is the only one of the three bridges to have resisted the various wars. It connects the island of Cohue to the shore of the Oise. Until 1866, river traffic passed under its arches; Today we can still see the fittings used to protect the ropes of the boats, drawn by the men of the Brotherhood of the Compagnie de l’Arche.
Also classified as an historic monument, it was first dedicated in 1499, still unfinished, by Louis de Villiers of L’Isle-Adam, Bishop of Beauvais and brother of the Lord of the city. The completion of the works in 1537 is attributed to Jean Bullant, architect of the castle of Ecouen. The church will then be consecrated a second time in 1567, in the presence of Constable Anne de Montmorency, new lord of the place. Prince Louis-François de Bourbon-Conti, who died in 1776, is buried there and a funerary chapel is dedicated to him. Over the centuries, the church has undergone several renovations, the last of which in 2010 allowed to update the crypt of the Prince of Conti.
The church is open every day except Mondays and during services.
The Chinese Pavillon
This XVIIth century factory built in the heart of the Bergeret estate, a wealthy family of landowners of L’Isle-Adam, reflects the craze of the time for the “chinoiseries”.
With its double pagoda roof and interior decoration, this factory is one of four “follies” remaining in France. The Chinese Pavilion remains an intriguing and mysterious building. No one really knows who his architect is but the secrets and mysteries that populate this building make this place a place of visit full of charm and curiosity.
Park freely accessible, for visits contact us.
Address: avenue Michel Poniatowski
The Fluvial Beach: the largest in France!
The famous beach of L’Isle-Adam, created in 1910, gives the city an air of holidays during the beautiful season. Young and old find themselves with pleasure on the fine sand and enjoy water pools and outdoor games. It allowed the city to benefit in 1919 from one of the first Syndicats d’Initiative de France.
Mythical place filming film, she just celebrated her 100th birthday. In 1920, it became a fashionable seaside complex where personalities from the entertainment world met. It is on this Adam sand that Mistingett will present his famous “pajamas”. The cabins, modeled on those of Deauville, emphasize the elegance and charm of Belle Epoque resort towns.
Address: Place du Feu Saint Jean.
Open in the summer season. Information at the Tourist Office.
The domain of Stors
Built in the early eighteenth century on the foundations of an old manor by the family of Aubespine. Over the centuries it will become the property of Bourbon-Conti. Confiscated as a national asset to the French Revolution, it became in 1938 the property of the third Duke of Valmy, then the businessman Pierre-Casimir Cheuvreux who welcomed writers and statesmen, and finally the Lannes of Montebello who receive the members of the Romanov family in Stors. Anecdotally, it is one of the first castles to have benefited from “running water” through the channeling of the many sources of the forest.
Seriously damaged during the Second World War, the castle is currently undergoing renovation.
Not to be missed: the terraces and their underground rooms, kiosks built in the style of the Pagoda of Chanteloup, the elliptical basin listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments, the park and its centenary trees, the chapel of the twelfth century, the renovated kitchens as they were in the 18th century …
Located in the Hamlet of Stors, the Castle is a private property that opens its doors to the public on the first Sunday of every month in season and all year round on request for groups.
Address: Stors Road
La maison des Joséphites
Built in 1600 according to the will of Armand de Bourbon Conti to welcome 6 priests of the Order of Joseph, from Lyon, to teach the children of peasants peasants working on the lands of Prince de Conti. It still retains its aspect of yesteryear. It is the oldest house in the city.
Until the early 2000s, it housed the Louis-Senlecq Museum of Art and History.
Address: Cour des Josephites.
What we call today Chateau Conti is actually a beautiful mansion built on the site where have succeeded since the year 1000 the different castles of the families of Lords of L’Isle-Adam. Left to be abandoned for many years, it was bought by the municipality in 2005, which fully restored it. The park offers breathtaking views of the Oise, dams, locks and the beach. Its ground floor regularly hosts art exhibitions.
At the turn of the streets and parks, you can admire many other bourgeois houses: the Castelrose, the Presbytery, the Clos Dambry, the Hotel de Ville, the small hotel Bergeret (which houses Jacques Henri Lartigue Art Center), the Château des Forgets, the Château de la Faisanderie, the Château Conti, the Commissariat ..