L’Isle-Adam is an oasis of greenery. Its many parks and gardens invite you to stroll …
L’Allée Le Nôtre
It crosses the city to the Chinese Pavilion. Always blooming in season, it is embellished on both sides of the bandstand and SIARAM (anagram of Marais), mythical bronze work that embodies the symbols of L’Isle-Adam: air, water and the forest. It is the fruit of the imagination of Jean Marais, who offered it to the city in 1992.
The Manchez Park
The green lung of the city, the Park Manchez stretches over 5 hectares in the city center. His tree “the Three Brothers” is classified Remarkable Tree by the General Council. Many events are regularly organized.
The Jules Dupre Rose Garden
The rose garden was created in 2009. It is named after the famous landscape painter Jules Dupré (1811-1889), founder of the School of edges of the Oise. Jules Dupré, after having participated in the Barbizon school, set up his studio at L’Isle-Adam with his friend Théodore Rousseau. He practices a landscape painting, characterized by effects of light and an important impasto of the pictorial material. With these painters, the landscape becomes a subject in itself, and outdoor painting (and no longer in the workshops) is needed.
He is buried in L’Isle-Adam. His house, formerly located at the site of the garden, sheltered a workshop with sight on the Oise. It is demolished in 1900.
A memorial is erected next to the Rose Garden. In the Italian Renaissance style, it was built by his son-in-law, architect Scellier de Gisors, and inaugurated in 1994 in the presence of Mr. Roujon, director of Fine Arts, and Renet-Tener, student of the Master and representative of the municipality.
The Stors garden
With a double monumental terrace of the eighteenth century, the gardens of Stors are a real theater of stone and greenery overlooking the castle and the Oise.
The terrace and its underground rooms are listed since 2001 in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments as well as the elliptical basin and the two small pavilions built in the style of the pagoda of Canteloup. As for the landscaped park in the French and English, it houses lime trees and plane trees labeled “remarkable trees of France” since 2007.
The Priory square
Located on the island of the same name, it is an oasis of tranquility with its shady garden. It offers a beautiful panorama on the river. It is here that was the first priory, founded in 1014 by Adam de L’Isle, and destroyed around 1709 by Prince François-Louis de Bourbon Conti.
The Château Conti park
The gardens of the Castle, beautifully drawn and raised offer an interesting view of the locks and the river.
The states forests
The forest covers 1600 hectares. The massif of 3 forests (L’Isle-Adam, Carnelle, Montmorency) is listed in the inventory of natural sites and monuments. The routes have been designed to facilitate hunting, now prohibited.
To see: the table of Cassan, old table of vénerie constituted of a monolith of limestone. Its origin probably dates back to the 17th century. At the end of the hunt, the game was slaughtered. We find its trace in 1776 since it was the center of the hunting party given in honor of Prince Brunswick-Lüneburg by Louis-François de Bourbon, Prince of Conti.
The Interpretation Trail of the 3 sources
1.7 km long, it allows to discover botany with 11 different tree species, but also the forest ecology and traces left by the Second World War.
Departure Cassan wood, facing the pond of the three sources.
The Natural Park of French Vexin
Created in 1995, it is a true reservoir of biodiversity that stretches over 65,000 hectares and offers walkers hilly and preserved landscapes, between limestone hills, marshes, woods and green meadows, surrounded by the great valleys of the Seine , the Oise, the Esche and the Epte.
Its emblem is the pattée cross, symbolizing the richness of its historical heritage: each municipality has kept its monuments protected as historical monuments. The appearance of the Vexin countryside has hardly changed since the High Middle Ages.